Glen Echo Park House Tour, June 8
Saturday, June 8, 2019
12 pm to 4 pm
Rain or Shine
Join the Glen Echo Park Partnership for Arts and Culture for its 6th annual Glen Echo Park House Tour Fundraiser, which will celebrate the centennial anniversary of the Cabin John Citizens Association by featuring seven Cabin John homes. All proceeds from the House Tour support the arts and educational programs at Glen Echo Park.
Highlights of a few of the homes featured in the House Tour:
• A 1926/27 Sears "Honor Bilt" kit home called "The Hathaway" that has been lovingly restored by the current owners and includes a 2005 addition designed as if it had been a catalog option in the 1920s as well as a 2017 modernized kitchen.
• A contemporary home that has won several awards both locally and nationally, including the DC Custom Home of the Year Award. This home features a beautiful, open concept
main floor with a large kitchen island as well as accordion glass door onto the inviting patio and pool area.
• A contemporary home with a "treehouse" feel that has four floors surrounded by trees, a roof top deck, and an amazing wine cellar.
• A home in the Cabin John Gardens community that pays homage to the mid-century modern design movement with clean lines, natural materials, and neutral palette with orange accents in every room.
Tickets are available through the Glen Echo Park Partnership for Arts and Culture:
$50 Per Person Donation
$40 for Members*
• shuttle transportation
• self-guided access to the homes
• light refreshments
Reserve your ticket/make a donation at glenechopark.org/donate-now and note House Tour Tickets in the "Special Instructions" box. All donations for this event are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by the law.
Free parking is available in the Park's main lot off of MacArthur Boulevard and Oxford Road. Check-in at the Glen Echo Park neon sign to receive a brochure handout with map and your wristband for entry to the homes. Light refreshments will be served.
For more information, contact Debbie Mueller at 301.634.2230 or firstname.lastname@example.org
* To receive the Member price, become a Member online at www.glenechopark.org/membership.